Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cameron's BYU apron

Cameron wanted an apron after I finished the aprons for Danine (his mom), Livy, and Kyla (his niece) for Christmas. So we down to the Jordan Landing Walmart and this is what he picked. :-)

The next day, while he was at work, I whipped this up...
He's so proud of it. Loves it. And I am too! We used two yards and it was interesting drafting a pattern for a man who's 5'10" versus me, a woman who's 5'2"... LOL, it was quite a difference. But I altered and messed around with my normal melissa-made apron pattern to make it more manly - it all worked out.

A shot of the pocket. Since the print was so busy I decided to match it right on and it worked perfectly. I doubled the top stitching to add a bit more to it. I'll definitely be making more of these. :-D He needs a print with veggies and knives on a cutting board or something. Because -duh- he's my chopper when we cook together. :-D

This bib was made with the remainder of the yardage. We used almost the full two yards for length - makes me feel REALLY short - but there was enough for a matching bib for Duncan.

0 comments: